Friday, April 19, 2013

Learning to cut.


No one ever told me when to introduce certain skills to my children and I am pretty sure there is not a right time for anything. Recently however both Zander and Drezden have wanted to use scissors, more specifically when I am doing something using scissors. 

So when at Costco the other day I found these AWESOME books by Kumon. http://www.kumonbooks.com/catalog/first-steps.aspx#letscutpaper

I picked up Lets cut paper and More lets cut paper.
Yeah I probably could have just handed them some kid scissors and some scrap paper and they would have been just as happy, but these books you had to cut along a line which then made the page interactive. So it either became a puzzle or a mouth that opened or a door that closed, or a box you folded.

They loved them, would cut the line make the puzzle or whatever interactive piece the page was intended for and then ask if they could keep cutting it anyway. Yes of course you can!

Drezden concentrates with his mouth open. LOL






Syler still being to young for scissors in my book was having fun pushing around his shopping cart!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment