Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Just Love


I have been wanting to write a post like this for a while, but just can't seem to find the words on how I feel so just throwing this out as it comes to me. 

When Paul and I decided to start a family it was the best decision we ever made. Along with that decision comes so many other decisions that we had no idea had to be made. Over the last 5+ years we have done our very best to choose paths in life that are the best for our family, regardless of what others do or say. I feel we have done a pretty good job, we are happy, our kids are happy and we spread as much joy and love as we can. 

Recently I have had some friends come to me concerned about their choices because they don't see support from extended family. I can't help but feel for them. I tell them that if they are happy and healthy then their choices are the right ones for their family and no one should make them feel differently. Yet it still saddens me that so many parents don't get support. So many young families question their choices because they do things differently.

So I just want to say this, unless someone is asking for your opinion or is doing something that is unsafe for their children, don't go and tell them what they are doing is wrong or that they need to do something else. Their family and their choices, just be there for them, just love them for who they are.






1 comment:

  1. Beautifully written! Love your family to pieces! You're a wonderful mother!

    ReplyDelete