Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Thankful for life changes!

Three years.... It has been three years from the moment I made a change to my home that has been so much for the better! I am talking about purchasing my very first order from Young Living.

What? You ask? Is it really that amazing? Do you really notice a difference in your home when you use your essential oils from when you don't? You have no idea....

I am going to try to make this short and sweet, but I know already its going to get a little long because  I have so much good to say. 

Three years ago was a ROUGH fall... I mean, everyone was sick, for weeks! We had Syler on a dairy free diet due to some digestive and emotional issues we were dealing with. We had already been living a "natural" lifestyle with only green cleaners, clean food (no artificial anything, mostly fresh or made from scratch, organic as much as possible), clean personal products. No synthetic clothing.... the list goes on.. But we were still struggling. I was feeling a little bit like I was failing in the mom department. Was I doing enough?  Were my kids happy? Why was Syler so sad and mad ALL THE TIME? How could I help my children be the best of them selves and support their bodies in the best way? We were doing Vitamins, the best I could find at the time, extra vitamin C and D... You name it, I was doing it. Except for one thing. Essential oils(EO's)... 

Now I had a handful of EO's I had picked up at the local health food store, but they never really seamed to help, so I just marked it off my list as another try and fail scenario. Syler and Baby Ryker were sick... so sick that Syler was taken to Urgent Care for a breathing treatment. It was a nasty bug we had caught and I was up all night in a steamy bathroom with my littles trying all the tricks of the trade to get through it.

It was then that my dear friend Lillie told me she wanted to bring by a chest rub that she had made with her EO's that would help calm their respiratory distress and maybe let them sleep in their beds for the night. I jumped on in agreement, I was desperate and willing to try ANYTHING. She was prompt with delivery, gave her well wishes and was on her way... I was so happy to have something else to try. And try I did. Immediately I applied the rub to their chests, it was mid day and I was hoping that by the evening we would have some rest.... Not only did it help immediately but we all slept that night, long and good, with little to no interruptions, and the next night and the next. Ryker never had to got to Urgent care like Syler had. Those who had not caught this bug were able to avoid it and I was feeling like sleep was finally back and I could function as a mom again.... 

But I needed more. There were so many parts of my life where I wondered if EO's could help. But 2 things particularly at this time stood out the most. 
1. Syler, was emotionally unstable ALL THE TIME.... Something in his little body was out of place and all the diet and environmental changes we had made were not enough. 
2. I was a mom to 4 and starting to feel stretched a bit thin, it was taking a toll on me and not in a good way. I needed something to keep me going on the normal days and to lift me up on the not so good days. 

So naturally I called up Lillie, updated her on the kids and asked if she would come over and talk to me about the oils she brought me and if there would be others that could fit into my life in a positive way. 

She happily obliged, brought over resources for me to look through, some sample oils and her own stories. I compared the oils she brought with the ones I had in the back of my drawer from the natural food store... Oh my, I was sure surprised by how different they smelt and how much my body wanted to smell her Young Living oils when my nose would reject the smell of the store bought ones... 

Oh man, I knew I would have to do some research, find out why these were different... I wont go into all the details on my research, as that would be a whole post in its own, and I encourage anyone choosing to add EO's to their life, to do their own research on all the companies available. I however did come to the conclusion that Young Living oils were going to be the best fit for my family and I trusted their Seed to seal process and LOVED what I was learning about their founder Gary Young and how he founded Young Living almost 25 years ago, but started his journey with Essential oils well before that! A company with a history and an understanding what they were doing. A company that answers all your questions and puts only the best into their products. This was a company I wanted to be a part of. Not to mention they had HUNDREDS of oils and Tons of other products too.

Once I decided that Young Living was the way I wanted to go, I was so happy to support Lillie in her small little business and purchase my Starter kit....The best way to get started on using oils, with 11 of the most useful oils and a diffuser... This is what my kit looked like 3 years ago. (Quite a difference in packaging and diffuser then today) 


Lillie also brought me a Essential oils guide that was a lifesaver... So much knowledge and research in one little book. No need to guess where to start, what to use or how... It was all right there at my finger tips. 

I used and used and used these oils, diffused, applied topically and on occasion I would ingest some (supporting my immune system with a little Thieves tea)  I was happier, my days felt easier, we were healthy! This was a wonderful addition to our natural lifestyle and I couldn't believe the changes it was bringing to my family.. 

An oil blend called "Joy" was my favorite and still is today. It is my daily oil... I use it literally EVERY SINGLE DAY. Its my mom oil, it helps keep me balanced, centered and above my mid line. I love it and know I would be partially lost without it in my life. 

There was still one thing that was fogging my mind however, Syler... He still struggled with his sensory processing and emotions. He still got angry so easily, frustrated so fast. I was lost at where to go with him. We had worked with his doctor, his food, environmental influences and saw very little changes. So I started asking around in the essential oil world. So many answers came my way, so many suggestions on oils that would help his body balance and re-learn how to process these things. I knew it was time to dive in and place another order. It was this moment that I knew I wanted to bring more of these products into our lives for good and I signed up for their optional monthly rewards program, so I could earn points back for purchases later. They also often send free products to try. It was like my Fred Meyer rewards card, but better. Win win for me!

I ordered 2 of the EO's that had been recommended to me along with the kids toothpaste, because we were out and I wanted to try theirs (Still using it today, its AMAZING). The oils I ordered, Vetiver and Peace & Calming. This was seriously my WOW moment for Syler... These oils were exactly what he needed. It took us about 6 months of consistent use to get to the point that we did not have to use these oils daily, but only when we noticed him starting to struggle. Now all the kids do have daily oils that support their bodies natural processes and emotions, they love they way they smell and enjoy putting them on. 

So here I am 3 years later, Still using and loving these oils, still noticing changes in my life due to these products. So I want to give you a quick glimpse at some of my favorite must have Essential oils and products from Young  Living because I am so Thankful to have them in my life and plan to continue with them forever. 

These are items that we use either daily, semi weekly or weekly. I have many others that come and go throughout the year, but these are HUGE players in our lives. I wont go into details on what each one is for, but if you have questions let me know! I am happy to share!
I hope to add many more products and supplements in the future, but for now this is where we are. 

First up my kids: 
Pictured we have Kidscents Toothpaste, Kidscents MightyVites and EO's: Gentle baby, Peace & Calming, Lavender, Geneyus, Vetiver, Digize and Cedarwood




Next up for me: 
Lavender hand and body lotion, Mirah Shave oil, ART Intensive Moisturizer, Satin facial scrub, Mountain mist deodorant, Progessence Plus Serum, and EO's White Angelica, Joy, Stress Away, Fennel, Black Pepper, Valor and EnRGee.



And for my husband:
Sulferzyme, Orange Blossom facial wash, Rose Ointment, Shutran aftershave lotion and EO's Mister, Panaway, Peppermint and Northern Lights Black Spruce. 




Other EO's we all use:
Citrus Fresh, Lemon, Thieves, Christmas Spirit, Raven, RC, Oregano and Copaiba. There are so many others too! 


And not pictured that we use daily: A whole line of Thieves house hold products. Toothpaste, mouthwash, laundry detergent, dishwasher detergent, Multi purpose household cleaner, hand soap, and I am sure I am missing something somewhere. 


I hope you enjoyed this little peek into my story and how Young Living has made a huge impact on my families lives. 

As always, I am her to answer any questions, or introduce you to a product. Happy to get you on your way to life changing wellness and support through Young Living. Message me, call me, email me, send me some snail mail. Whatever suits your fancy! 

Be sure to check out www.seedtoseal.com to learn more about their process. 

Ready to order a starter kit of your very own? Follow this link, I would be happy to help you along the way! http://bit.ly/AleahSteinYoungLiving

Want more essential oil and wellness tips? Follow my wellness page on Facebook!
www.facebook.com/wellnessfromthebeginning 

Thanks for reading... I hope you continue to follow my blog! My new life in Alaska is getting settled and I plan on posting a lot more. Homeschooling, homesteading, raising 6 kids in my small Alaska town of Sutton. Would love for you to follow along for the ride! 

No comments:

Post a Comment