Monday, January 21, 2013

Housefull of Sickies!

I really choose to live life on the positive side of things as much as I possibly can. Life is too short to dwell on negativity and not enjoy each and every moment for the bright side it has.

This last week has been a huge test to that. Tuesday Zander came down with a fever, 104.5, Drezden came down with a fever as well that evening, 102.5. Syler and I were free of a fever and Paul was still in Bremerton for his 2 weeks of drill with the Navy, so he was fine as well. I prepped myself for the flu, thinking that is what they were coming down with. Wednesday, fevers still existed, came and went during the day, hit hard at night. Then there was a cough and snotty noses. Thursday, both still sick, I was starting to feel it coming on for myself. Friday we are all sick, even Syler, Paul thankfully was coming home. Saturday, still sick, Sunday, still sick. Today, Monday Possibly starting to be on the mend as the boys actually played a little today. But today was definitely Syler's worst day.

It has been one tough week to say the least. Toddlers are very whiny when they are sick, they want to be held and carried everywhere, they dont want to touch each other, they dont want that blanket, they want the other one, etc..... 3 sick all 3 and under is tough on a sick mommy. Clare was sweet enough to come up one day and help with the house hold chores that have just slipped by all week with us all being sick. Then Liz came on another day to help, and that was so wonderful. I thank them for being brave and exposing themselves to our sickness just to lend a helping hand and make me feel like I didnt totally leave the house to itself for a week. 

What positives did I enjoy this week though? Snuggles, LOTS AND LOTS of snuggles. Sick babies just want to cuddle and watch movies. I am ok with that. Hugs, Kisses (hey I was already sick anyway, not going to resist there sweet little smooches) TIME, yes just the amount of TIME I spent with them just being there for them, they needed me and I was there. Perfect Positivity to our sickly week. Then there is Drezden, the sweetest little brother Zander could ever ask for. I got a real taste of how much that little boy really cares this week. If for some reason Zander needed something and I was feeding or helping Syler and couldnt get to him right away, Drezden sick as sick can be, would hop off the couch and go fetch whatever it was that Zander wanted, over and over and over again. It totally melted my heart. Such a sweet boy, he just loves helping take care of people. 

My message to you today with this post is this: Even though sick kids are needy, whiny, cranky and pretty pathetic all around, remember they NEED you just to be there, to love them, to snuggle them without frustration or irritation. The chores can wait, your babies need you.

1 comment:

  1. Feel better my friend and your family. I didn't know Paul went into the Navy. That's cool...I think! :) *HUGS*
    Jen

    ReplyDelete