Friday, February 8, 2013

Window Markers

I am always looking for easy, fun, time consuming activities for the boys. My biggest challenge is they want to do things together but Zander is more advanced at certain skills the Drezden so it usually has to be something that the skill level doesnt matter or that I can sit down and help Drezden with the harder parts. 

So when I discovered these:


I was super excited!! I was a little unsure at first if they actually did what they were claiming, I mean window markers that crystallize, sounds kind of crazy. However they totally amazed me!! The boys LOVED it! They were allowed to draw all over the back sliding glass door and once they discovered what happened to their drawings after a minute they just couldnt stop. Of course it came to a point were I was doing all the drawing and they were just gawking in amazement at the changing pictures. Here are a few of the pictures after they crystallized.




This is a rainbow, hard to see with so much going on outside the window. The boys loved this one. They told me what colors to put where and I had to add clouds too, and you cannot see them but there are a few birds flying around as well.






Pretty cool huh? Now I must say these are a little picky, they did much better where the sun was hitting the door. There were a few that after a few minutes had not crystallized so I pulled out the hair dryer and blew that on them, which turned them almost instantly. They dont do well in high humidity, which we discovered the next day when I was boiling some water in the kitchen and the pictures started melting. They do however clean up super easy, just water wipes them away, or if its humid and they are melting, just a rag works. :) I even think a whiteboard eraser would work great as well.


If you need a little something to keep the kid busy and entertained for a few minutes, this one is great. I will continue to buy these once this set dies. Totally worth it, and what fun it will be when they are older and draw their own pictures! 

This was their level of happiness when we were done 


1 comment:

  1. Wow! How cool is this? What a special Mom you are to give my Grandsons such great experiences!! Thanks, Aleah!!

    ReplyDelete