Saturday, March 21, 2015

Paul to Japan

We dropped Paul off at the airport this morning, he is headed to Japan for Navy duties. I must say I am a little jealous he gets to go.... I did go to a Japanese immersion school for 3 years, then took an additional year of Japanese in high school. I was pretty fluent at one point and I really love and appreciate the Japanese culture. BUT I know a trip for me to Japan will probably happen many years from now and I am ok with that. I knew Paul needed to take this opportunity while he could. Now if I could only trust him to bring back some great souvenirs (I have already started a list for him, but how do you explain to someone what a Kendama is if they have never seen or heard of one?)
3 weeks without daddy will be difficult for all of us but we have done it before and will have to do it again. We look forward to FaceTime with him as often as we can, which will be interesting as he is 16 hours ahead of our time.

The boys have started a countdown on the white board for his return and it is the first thing we do in the morning. 

Any visitors are welcome, we love company!

1 comment: