Saturday, September 12, 2015

30 years

I am officially 30 and I feel really good about it. As I reflect back on my many years, I can't help but smile. I have had a pretty blessed life so far. I have a loving husband who works so hard to provide for us, but knows when to take it easy and enjoy life, he sure does a good job balancing the two. I have 5 amazing little beings that fill my life with so much joy, I have a home, a wonderfully abundant garden and a great community of family and friends. 

I see my life just continuing to grow in love and life. I see a future full of larger harvests and greater homesteading accomplishments. I see Photography, I see health, I see wellness, I see happiness, I see joy. I see many more years better then the last. I see me.

This morning I headed out to do morning chores in the garden/chicken area and was greeted by the most amazingly beautiful little dandelion puff.











Sorry for the dandelion overload, it was just calling me. 


Then I ran into this lovely lady. We have had these all over the garden this year, even got to see a batch of babies early on. They are so cute when they are tiny! 







So Everyone kept asking me "what are we doing for your 30th?!" And I just kept saying, nothing. I am not a party person, not a surprise person, I don't like being away from my kids so I was planing just a nice family day to celebrate my 30 years... Well certain few sisters of mine just wouldn't have that as an answer and decided a "girls night" at my house was due. I agreed that would be a fun time.

But first Maria and I went and did a painting class in portland. It was tons of fun and I came home with a perfect canvas piece of art to hang in Katara's room. Sorry I don't have a very good picture, will have to get one.


Maria made me a delicious cheesecake!



The girls; my sisters and best friend
.





The SIL's stayed the night, so in the morning I just had to put Katara in her Auntie shirt. Especially since she was outgrowing it fast. So pictures with some aunties.






Angela had a similar thought and brought Micaela's Auntie shirt as well. :)




All in all it was a fun time and I am so thankful to have such supportive women in my life.

1 comment:

  1. Super charming!! So happy you had a wonderful 30th! And I love the dandelion puff....simple pleasures are the BEST!!

    ReplyDelete