Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Zander is 6!!

When your oldest has a birthday I think it is the hardest. They are your first baby and always will be. I was really feeling that today as Zander turns 6 years old. 

He is sensitive, caring, loving, observant and kind. He will go far in anything he dreams up. 
I love this boy with all my heart.

For his birthday he got a new set of wood blocks. These are all the exact same size, in a plank type form and really help develop his creativity and love for design. It is so much fun watching him build with these.






I always let the kids choose their birthday cake. Zander requested birthday cookies that tasted like cake.... So I made some. :) These reminded me a lot of cake but were definitely a cookie. So much fun! He told me how to decorate them too, even helped. 











We let the kids pick out a special "birthday day" usually a day trip of their choice to some location or place they choose. Zander wants to go to the beach! So that post will happen later this week, watch for it!






1 comment:

  1. It seems like yesterday when we first met this darling "little man." I just love how he can observe something and figure out how it works right away....so much like his Daddy!! And he is so patient explaining it all to his brothers!! He would make a GREAT teacher!! :)

    ReplyDelete